Well that is the end of phase 1. Hopefully we shall get through to phase 2 after the workshop in London next week.
Its useful to review our progress and feedback to date
- Formed the team and with our OU partner got the benefits of fresh eyes
- Built a proof of concept / early prototype
- Created a brochure and demo video
- Community consultation and feedback
- Explaining ourselves to potential users helped a lot!
- Clarified our thinking and plans
- Clear IPR management (i.e. we have consortium agreement)
Feedback has been very positive and encouraging. The best comment about Clipper was ‘ It’s genius, just what we need!’. Feedback and conversations have included. National Library of Scotland; BBC Archive; AHRC Earth in Vision project (BBC and OU); AHRC Pararchive project (Leeds Uni); Disruptive Media Lab, Coventry University; British Library Labs; CILIPS / UK (Multimedia Group); JISC Media Hub; Royal Conservatoire Scotland; University of Stirling; Manchester School of Art; University of the Arts London; Institute of Education UCL…and many more
For phase 2 we have offers of help from
- National Library of Scotland (Scottish Screen Archive) – Collaborative design
- BBC Archive & BL Labs – Annotation tools
- Leeds Uni; OU ; BBC R&D – Archive storytelling
- Stirling Uni; RCS; UAL – Practice-based research
- Manchester School of Art, OU – Interview analysis